Exporting Pack Sets
Applies to: NeoPack/Professional, NeoPack/Plus, PackBuilder
If needed Pack Sets may be exported from one computer (the source computer) and imported into another computer (the destination computer) by exporting and then re-importing a registry key.
The key to export from NeoPack/Professional is:
The key to export from NeoPack/Plus is:
The key to export from PackBuilder is:
Once exported from the source computer import it into the registry of the destination computer.
If you are unfamiliar with the registry here is a primer using the NeoPack/Professional key as an example
- On the source computer go to the registry editor. Start>Run>Regedit
- The registry editor will open. The window is divided into two panes. the left pane has all the registry keys organized into folders. The right pane displays values for these keys. We will only work with the left pane.
- Locate the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Expand it if not already expanded. (Click the little + sign)
- Locate the folder Software. Expand it
- Locate the folder Timestone. Expand it.
- Locate the folder NeoPackProfessional. Expand it
- Locate the key General. Click this key to select it (Do not expand it)
- Right click the key and select Export
- Give the key a name (the actual name is not important) and export it to a temporary location such as the desktop.
- Copy the key to the destination computer
- On the destination computer double-click the key
- You will be asked if you want to add the key to the registry. Select yes.
- The key will be added to the registry and the pack sets will now be available
End of article