Aligning objects on a template
Applies to: Template design
When placing several objects onto a template it is possible to align the edges or the middles to a common plane.
The various alignment options together with their keyboard shortcuts are listed below.
- Align Left Edges (Shift+Control+L)
- Align Right Edges (Shift+Control+R)
- Align Top Edges (Shift+Control+T)
- Align Bottom Edges (Shift+Control+B)
- Align Centres Horizontally (Shift+Control+X)
- Align Centres Vertically (Shift+Control+Y)
In order to align objects on a template they must first be selected. The objects do not have to be of the same type (eg image hole, text box, graphic box) in order to be aligned.
To select multiple objects:
- Click the first object to select it
- Shift+click other objects
It is important to note the objects will be aligned according to the last object selected.
Once selected, objects can be aligned via one of the following methods
- Using the Align tools on the toolbar
- Using the menu via Layout>Align>alignment option
- Using the keyboard shortcuts listed above
End of article