Applies to: Version 4.9
One of the most popular uses of the switching functionality introduced with Verson 4.9 is the so called 'Family Switching' where a parent can order online for any of their children with a single access key. The access key may either be the subject key of any of the children or the family key. The photographer may also control whether to allow ordering for the family or limit ordering only to the subjects.
- Single key ordering for all family members
- Optionally allow ordering for the family entity
- Separate 'switches' are presented online for each entity (family, subjects)
An example of family switching can be found on our demo website - demo.timestone.com.au
The following three keys are all for a particular family. The first key is the family key. The second and third keys are for two subjects (siblings) who are members of the this family. Any of the three keys can be used to login and view switches for all three entities. Click any of the switches to view the images and order for that entity. Click Continue Shoping to return to the switch page and select another entity (switch).
- SRTWTKK4 - family key for the Bateman family
- 5ZGXG96S - subject key for Allison Bateman
- NQDL2QRP - subject key for Jarrod Bateman
Creating the family and assigning members
For users unfamiliar with the concept of families, including creating families and assigning members, it is strongly recommended to consult the articles here.
Setting family switching options in tsIOS
To enable family switching, certain options need to be set in tsIOS when uploading the job. The screen grab below shows the options selected for the demo site example described above.
To enable family switching, certain options need to be set in the 'Switching' section of tsIOS
The options explained
When entering a family key or clicking a family switch:
- Present switches for subjects - Presents switches for subjects who are members of the family will be presented when the family key is entered or a family switch is clicked
- Can order for families - Entering a family key or clicking a family switch will take the customer to the shop where they can order for the family entity
- Go to switch page after entering key - Entering a family key will take the customer to the switch page. With the option unchecked they will be go directly to the shop.
When entering a subject key or clicking a subject switch:
- Present switches for folder(s) - Presents switches for the subjects home folder and any extra folders
- Present switch for family - Entering a subject key will present a switch for the subject's family if present
- Go to switch page after entering key - Entering a subject key will take the customer to the switch page. With the option unchecked they will be go directly to the shop.
End of article