Creating a new job from a PSPA CD
Applies to: NeoPack/Professional, NeoComposite, PackBuilder,
It is possible to create a new job file based on a PSPAi standard CD using the File>New from PSPA CD... function.
Starting a job file in this way will do the following
- Create subject fields as defined in the PSPA standard
- Create further subject fields as defined in the optional
- Populate the fields with data from the INDEX.TXT file
- Import the images as non-referenced images (original files no longer needed)
- Match the images to the data
- Create file fields as defined in the optional README.TXT file and enter the values for these fields
The PSPA CD specification pre-defines 10 fields as listed below.
- "Volume Name"
- "Image Folder"
- "Image File Name"
- "Last Name"
- "First Name"
- "Home Room"
- "Teacher Name"
The README.TXT may also contain other fields such as the Lab Name. These additional fields will be used as File Fields in the new job file.
Below is a reproduction of a typical README.TXT file together with an indication as to whether the field is a subject field, folder field or is not used.
|[School Name] = Heidelberg High School
|[# Fields] = 11
|[Field Definition #1] = Volume Name
|[Field Definition #2] = Image Folder
|[Field Definition #3] = Image File Name
|[Field Definition #4] = Grade
|[Field Definition #5] = Last Name
|[Field Definition #6] = First Name
|[Field Definition #7] = Home Room
|[Field Definition #8] = Period
|[Field Definition #9] = Teacher Name
|[Field Definition #10] = Track
|[Field Definition #11] = ID
|[Lab Name] = Acme Photography
|[Lab Location] = Olinda
|[Lab Contact Name] = Herman Adams
|[Lab Contact e-mail] = firstname.lastname@example.org
|[Lab Contact Phone] = 903-455-350
|[Photo Job Number] = Heidelberg High School.tnj
|[Date Created] = 07/07/06
|[Comments] = none
Values for the file fields are obtained directly from the README.TXT file and automatically entered into the appropriate field. Data for the subject fields is automatically imported from the INDEX.TXT file.
Since image files for the PSPA standard are not very large, they are imported as full size bitmaps. This means the images are not referenced and the original image files are not required when printing.
1. The README.TXT file is optional and may not always be present on a PSPA CD. In such cases the standard fields 5-10 as listed above are still used. If the INDEX.TXT file contains data for more than 10 fields the software will automatically create additional fields labelled "Field1 - Fieldn" as needed.
2. The new job file remains "untitled" allowing the user to save the job file as desired.
3. If the PSPAi import spans multiple volumes the the user will be prompted to insert the next CD.
Installation and licensing
Internet Ordering System - IOS
Images and Data
tsPortal and tsArchive