Refresh and not Examine images

matts

09 Oct, 2015 02:05 PM

Is there anyway to refresh an Offer but not have it examine all of the images? we have Senior jobs with multiple poses etc so this adds up to hundreds if not thousands of images and it takes a long time to examine the images just for say a price change or something similar done to an offer.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 09 Oct, 2015 06:35 PM

You have the option to refresh offer, and/or job in tsIOS.

Refreshing the offer only will not upload all of the images again. It will refresh packages, templates and pricing only.

2. 2 Posted by matts on 09 Oct, 2015 06:39 PM

Yes I understand but when I select refresh OFFER only it does this thing where it says EXAMINING IMAGES. Its not re uploading the images but it still scrolls through all of them.

Thanks
    Matt Stahley
    Pictures Plus - O'Roke Photography
    717-765-9223 x. 301
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 09 Oct, 2015 06:57 PM

My apologies Matt. I'm not familiar with the reason that the images are examined. If it is not for a logical purpose, I will suggest future versions have this prevented.

4. 4 Posted by matts on 09 Oct, 2015 07:13 PM

Hey Tommi
    No problem and thanks for getting back to me!
    I remember before even in the 4.4.150302 Beta it did not do this or it may have still been 4.3.1? I’m not sure. We are currently running 4.4.150527

Thanks
    Matt Stahley
    717-765-9223 x. 301

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dino Apolito on 10 Oct, 2015 12:31 AM

I don't see this behaviour. If I elect to only refresh the offer it does not examine the images.

Perhaps you have an older version of tsIOS? What is the date of the exe?

Also note depending on what other options you've selected in tsIOS it will automatically refresh the job if it's needed regardless of whether you elect to do so or not.

6. 6 Posted by matts on 10 Oct, 2015 01:49 PM

Hey Dino
    I'll try and download tsios again and reinstall on Monday. I'll let you know what happens. Thank you and Tommi for the help!

Thanks
    Matt Stahley
    717-765-9223 x. 301

7. 7 Posted by Mark Renken on 10 Oct, 2015 03:39 PM

HI Matt,

Is this a Broadcast job or a normal job where you see the examining of
    images?

Thanks,

Mark

8. 8 Posted by rickm on 12 Oct, 2015 04:08 PM

I'm also seeing the same thing. If I just refresh the offer it "examines" each image. For a job with hundreds of images this is very time-consuming.

9. 9 Posted by matts on 12 Oct, 2015 04:22 PM

Mark its a normal job. I'm not familiar with the Broadcast and Identify options and what they do. Should we be doing this differently now?

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 12 Oct, 2015 11:09 PM

Matt - quick answer on broadcast jobs & identify: (and no, this would not alleviate your examine annoyance)

Broadcast jobs, "broadcast" the name of the job on your IOS homepage in a drop down menu, allowing customers to access everything in the job. Essentially, it makes the jobkey public to anyone who access' your site.

Identify orders are typically used in a "pre-order" situation in conjunction with broadcast, where you want to collect orders for photography that has not been posted. It will ask the customer to plug in subject details, and then pick their package(s). When downloaded, and post shoot, you are able to "Identify" the online orders with your existing data and subjects you just photographed.

11. 11 Posted by matts on 12 Oct, 2015 11:18 PM

Great thanks for the info!

Thanks
    Matt Stahley
    717-765-9223 x. 301

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Dino Apolito on 12 Oct, 2015 11:42 PM

OK, listen up guys....

As of June (at the training seminar) we began completely supporting external PNG's for IOS such as those from 36pix. (Prior to that we only supported our own Chroma Key images.)

So now, you can replace the JPEGS in your job with PNGs and IOS will upload png's..... AND... therefore needs to upload backgrounds for your customers to choose from to apply to those PNGs

So what you may ask? I'm only refreshing the offer why does it examine the images?

Well. it gets the backgrounds from your paths that you set in tsAdmin. And as you know you can use wildcard placeholders in your paths such as .../path/@seasoncode or .../path/@+ and a lot more.

Two of the wild cards are @OFFERCODE and @OFFER so you can make your paths relative to the current offer.

Armed with this knowledge you can now see why tsIOS needs to examine the images when you refresh your Offer. Refreshing your offer might mean you have changed to a different offer or changed paths in the same offer. And therefore it needs to examine your images in case one or more of them are now PNG's instead of JPEGS in which case it needs to now upload backgrounds.

Hope this makes sense. We talked about it at the seminar in Vegas but I think it wasn't really understood.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac