pay pal hangs

rickm

08 Oct, 2015 03:47 PM

I've had a few customers complain that the site hangs when trying to go to pay pal. I have been able to reproduce this whit IE 11 but chrome is fine.
Anyone else have this issue?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 09 Oct, 2015 12:35 AM

Rick, I suspect it is not an IOS specific issue, but rather a PayPal or domain related issue. Nevertheless, I will look into it and update you if I have any findings.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Dino Apolito on 09 Oct, 2015 12:46 AM

We've had most PayPal USA customers contact us with this problem (but curiously not Australia, Europe or Africa).

We have not changed anything at our end and it seems the problem may have started on October 1st.

From our testing the problem seems to be with Internet Explorer and Firefox. We didn't see a problem on Chrome, Safari or Edge. But it may be random and that test may not be indicative.

By looking at the address bar, you can see that we are sending the correct URL to PayPal and that part is the same for all browsers, all orders. But with Firefox and IE it then seems to forward to some other URL which hangs. Copying that URL into a new browser window also hangs PayPal.

All this seems to indicate a problem at PayPal's end. A couple of customers are in contact with them with this information and we'll keep you posted.

3. 3 Posted by rickm on 09 Oct, 2015 01:31 PM

I've found that in IE you have to go to tools(or settings)/compatibility view settings and add "paypal.com" This seems to fix it. I don't know about Firefox.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Dino Apolito on 13 Oct, 2015 07:05 AM

This has been rectified.

5. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 13 Oct, 2015 07:05 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac