"Broadcast" jobs not working

rickm

07 Oct, 2015 07:13 PM

I'm trying to put up team shots for a school. Ideally, the parents could select the "team shot" job from the pulldown menu, select the one they would like to order and it would download to neopack for printing.
The job has a subject for each teamshot. If I input the subject key for the team in the "shootkey" field online, everything works perfectly. But if I use the pulldown menu the job key is put into the "shoot key" field. I can still see all the team pics and select one, order it, go to cart and finish the order. I get the confirmation email but when I "download online orders" in Orders mode I get an order key but no package and nothing in the queue. This only happens if I use the "broadcast" pulldown menu.
I don't want the parents to input a separate key for each team. Am I misunderstanding what "broadcast" is supposed to do?
By the way, Dino, I've been working with Mark on this and he's so far stumped as well.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 07 Oct, 2015 07:44 PM

The issue is that you are downloading the orders into NeoPack, when they should be going to Fulfill. I had this same issue over a year ago, but it makes sense.

When you use broadcast, your are letting a customer into the whole job, as opposed to a specific subject. So IOS is displaying all of the images, as images, not as individual subjects. If you set tsIOS to Fulfill, it will gather those images into a single order, and print them as intended.

In NeoPack, you can't print an image unless it is attached to a subject. The idea of gathering a bunch of package selections, and then spreading it across multiple subjects (or folders) into a single order just wouldn't work.

Broadcasting with NeoPack is meant to be used with identify ordering and preorders.

Hopefully that's a somewhat clear explanation.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac