Free packs- must solve!

rickm

29 Sep, 2015 01:11 PM

We offer free packs to faculty. we have 2 faculty offers at a cost of $0, but either Pay Pal or the IOS will not process orders with a cost of $0.
How do others deal with this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 29 Sep, 2015 04:54 PM

In tsIOS there is a tick box as to whether or not to require payment that you can select for individual jobs. This should prevent the zero dollar PayPal issue.

2. 2 Posted by rickm on 29 Sep, 2015 05:12 PM

Tommi-
    Thanks, I'm aware of that option, but we want it to apply only to the faculty, not the students- they have to pay. And making the faculty a separate job is a problem as we make composites.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 29 Sep, 2015 05:32 PM

I see.. I thought they were faculty only jobs.

If you were to go the route of faculty only jobs, it would solve your issue and you could later merge the students and faculty for composites. This would be my best suggestion for now. Perhaps some other users will chime in.

4. 4 Posted by Jacob - Sumner ... on 30 Sep, 2015 12:19 AM

We require our staff to turn in paper order forms in order to order their complementary packages.

5. 5 Posted by Stacey on 30 Sep, 2015 05:20 PM

We would also love to have this resolved.~ Color Craft

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Dino Apolito on 30 Sep, 2015 10:45 PM

Unfortunately some (most) payment gateways don't allow checkouts when the cart value is $0. And that makes sense. What we need is to bypass the payment process when the cart value is $0.

We will be able to this FAR more easily with the new IOS which we are starting to convert people over to now. However please be aware of the following once we do this ...

We have frequently seen circumstances where people forget to set prices in the offer. In this case your online customers would be able to happily order as much as they want without having to pay! We can probably check for that when you upload and ask a "Are you sure?" when you try to upload an offer with no prices but there are also times when people have forgotten to set prices for just one or two packages. Again your online customers would be able to order these without payment.

In summary the new IOS can solve the current problem but the solution can't legislate for all situations.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac