Adjusting an image before printing with Fulfill

Wayne

11 Jul, 2013 12:36 PM

We have just started using IOS and on our first few orders we realised that although you can see what will be printed in Fulfil there is no way of adjusting the images in anyway. So if you've originally framed them for a 2:3 ratio print for example and someone orders a product that has a square ratio, what can you do to prevent the head being cropped off? Fulfil doesn't seem to provide you with the subject key so the only option appears to be to load up every job you've ever uploaded and hunt for the image in question so you can adjust it before printing. Was just wondering if anyone has found a better way?

1. 1 Posted by josh on 29 Jul, 2013 07:08 PM

We have been using IOS for a while now and this is how we deal with this problem. It only affects us when someone orders retouching on an image. So every morning we run a report from TSPortal and gives us all the information about the online orders including the job name and subject key. We look over the report and find the ones we need to correct and once it has been retouched then it will get printed. While we are waiting on the images to be retouched any orders that do not require any special attention we go ahead and print. So in a way it would work the same for you. Just run a report from TSPortal and correct the images you need to then you can just send them from fulfill to the printer.

2. 2 Posted by wayne on 30 Jul, 2013 08:50 AM

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply. Could you confirm how you get to the report? is it Mode Orders (CTRL O) and then Orders>Reports>One row per order/one row per package? That's the only thing I can find and it doesn't appear to show the subject key if the customer has accessed the IOS by the folder key

3. 3 Posted by josh on 30 Jul, 2013 12:58 PM

Hello Wayne,
    Well...There are two ways we pull reports from tsportal. One is like you said one row per package...and it does show subject key just not poses. I am not sure though if you place an order using a folder key if it will still show the subject key then. I would think that since you are using folder key it wont. Second way is a little more involved you can go to jobs mode..then select a job doesn't matter what job it could be any. Then go to reports/orders-online orders. What opens up will be just for that job you had selected but then go to find and type in what you want to look up. We use Date and Offer Code then export and print it out. We export it so that it can be sorted and broken down by school or however we need it. Then only thing is I noticed none of these list folder key. We do not use anything that orders off of the folder key. How are you doing or online orders that you are using folder key? Check out these two methods and see what you think. Let me know what your process is with the folder key and I will try to see what I can come up with. We have talked about possible using the folder method online for our sports teams but have not tried it yet.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Dino Apolito on 30 Jul, 2013 11:47 PM

With a Folder Key there is no longer any subject information. The Folder Key just collects all the images for all the subjects in the folder and displays them. From thereon the orders are for images not subjects.

This is a legacy for people using OutPost where there are no subjects - just images in folders. They use IOS with folder keys.

We ARE looking at the possibility of being able to edit an image through Fulfill. At the moment there are too many complications - chiefly the fact that Fulfill presents packages and products NOT images. An order could contain several packages possibly for different subjects and images. A package could contain several products. Products could contain several images. And then there's composites and (neo)group products as well.

A possible workaround at the job level is to match all the folder images to a single subject, auto-assign poses and use subject keys instead.

We can also look at whether that report in tsPortal can display the image filename even when a folder key is used.

5. 5 Posted by Wayne on 31 Jul, 2013 08:35 AM

Re Josh,

Most of our work won't be using folder keys, it just so happened then when we started using IOS we were at the time of year when kids are leaving school and so there were some events such as leaving balls and prize ceremonies that we needed to get online. Orders from these events are always small and so not worth proofing so we normally just put them online with a link from our website to where they can view and order from. I thought it would be easier with the Timestone system by putting them in a folder and linking to the folder key but will probably have to go back to doing it the old way next year. Hopefully we won't have as many issues when we start proofing with the subject keys.

Re: Dino,

Your possible workaround is how I had to do it before we had the folder keys working but unless I'm missing something there is no advantage of having 500 different images all with the same subject key as opposed to 500 images in a folder key. Either way you can't identify which of the 500 images has been ordered from. Is there a way that you can tell which pose has been ordered from as I don;t think it displays that information in fulfill?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Dino Apolito on 01 Aug, 2013 05:14 AM

No, but if using a subject key you could use the reports Josh mentioned.

7. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 01 Aug, 2013 05:14 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac