<meta name="description" content=" xxx">

andreabitoun

15 Sep, 2018 10:29 AM

Hello TimeStone Support.

I want to add the tag <meta name = "description" content = "My description"> on my site to be correctly identified by a search engine and by my clients.

What is the process for adding this element?
Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Jacob - Sumner ... on 02 Oct, 2018 04:56 AM

What you're looking for is the "TITLE" tag if you want search engine visibility. It's not a guarantee of course because people can compete with your name no matter what.

The way to accomplish this is your settings.ini file in your 'site' folder on your IOS that you can get to with a sftp client.

In the settings.ini file, find your orders site line that should look like
    [monportraitscolaire.com] or similar On a new line underneath that braketed "[]" name look for a line that says "Title=" and put your title after the equals (=) sign. If you do not have a line starting with "Title=", create one under the bracketed line with your site name in it.

Also, pro tip, you can put other things in that title that you'd like google to associate you with, so something like "Title= Mon Portrait Scolaire - Société de photographie scolaire en Ile de France" will work better because if someone searches "
    Société de photographie scolaire en Ile de France" it could bring your page up. (You'll want to check my french).

Ours looks like this:
    [orders.sumnerphotography.net] Title=Sumner Photography | Southern California School Pictures | Elementary School Pictures | San Diego County School Pictures | Orange County School Pictures

so the "|" pipes separate search terms and google picks them all up. Don't use more than 5 or you'll get penalized, and 2 or 3 is better.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Capture.PNG 3.44 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac