Print with "Noritsu hotfolder " driver , anyone know how ?

Craig

19 Dec, 2015 05:53 PM

net order driver gives me no overspill . I see in the hotfolder driver you can set the DPI to 320 which whiukd give me a little overspill and eliminate borders.

I have heard it is possible to use this driver does anyone know how ?

Thanks in advance

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 19 Dec, 2015 07:28 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I know that in the past I needed to purchase the hot folder software from Noritsu. Maybe that helps?

2. 2 Posted by craig on 20 Dec, 2015 08:03 PM

Thanks

I don't think I understand the way Nortisu hotfolder is set up

On my old printer I would use timestone to print to bitmap (JPG) then my printers hotfolder would convert it to the way the printer outputs its files. I could drop any JPG into the hot folder and the printer would run it. Point being, if a program didn't have the print drivers the hot folder would take care of it

Noritsu has a hot folder THEN you need a print driver for the hot folder ?? Whats the point of the hot folder?

I think ,I just don't get it , I appreciate the response

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 20 Dec, 2015 09:51 PM

in NeoPack, there is a printer named Noritsu Hot Folder. That prints the images to bitmap, and includes a file that holds config information for the printer to use. The Hot Folder software from Noritsu reads the fileand takes over from there. I think we're talking the same things in different vocabularies...

4. 4 Posted by craig on 20 Dec, 2015 09:57 PM

Thanks for the reply

"in NeoPack, there is a printer named Noritsu Hot Folder. That prints the images to bitmap, and includes a file that holds config information"

Yes, is there a way to get nortisu EZ controller to see the config information ?
    OR
    Are you saying I need Noritsu Hotfolder to read the config info ?

Thanks again Tommi

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 20 Dec, 2015 10:08 PM

No problem Craig. You need the Hot Folder software to read the config information and that pushes it to EZ controller.

6. 6 Posted by craig on 20 Dec, 2015 10:13 PM

Ok Got it

do you know where the link is to download TS portal and instructions on installing/using it??

Thanks

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 20 Dec, 2015 10:20 PM

There isn't a download available per se, but we can get it to you. You need to own a copy of FileMaker Pro. If you have FileMaker, I will pass the request along; we may need to connect via TeamViewer to set it up. I'm about to get on a plane, so you likely won't hear from me again tonight, but I will check back in the morning.

8. 8 Posted by craig on 21 Dec, 2015 03:38 AM

Thanks for your help Tommi.

I have been working with Mark and Noritsu to solve my border / white line issue. I was told that hot folder software was not necessary to use the hot folder print driver buy a colleague that runs the same printer with time stone. From this thread I have learned that is not possible

I do not have FIlemaker but will look into getting it . I want to get set up on TS portal in the near future

9. 9 Posted by craig on 23 Dec, 2015 12:19 AM

This was resolved buy moving the cut mark "out of spec" in EZ controller. Now if I print from EZ controller I get the small border but not from Timestone.

I only use timestone so it is a non issue for me now but figured I would share in case someone else runs into the same issue

10. 10 Posted by Craig on 25 Dec, 2015 08:36 PM

Not resolved smaller border in lead edge now

Solution is to create overspill from net order . If anyone knows how to do this pleas let me know .

Appreciated

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Mark Renken on 28 Dec, 2015 11:43 PM

Hi Craig,

Try checking the paper fitting flag again now that the alignment is
    close and see if that does the trick.

Thanks,

Mark

12. 12 Posted by Craig on 28 Dec, 2015 11:47 PM

Hey mark

I tried that with no luck.

Waitimg for Noritsu US to hear back from Japan if it is possible to magnify via net order.

13. 13 Posted by Adam Vincent on 10 Aug, 2017 08:18 PM

I have 10 Noristu R2R machines and could get some serious use out of the Noritsu Hot Folder application. Is it possible to get a copy?

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Mark Renken on 11 Aug, 2017 09:48 PM

Hi Adam,

Timestone has a built in driver that writes to the Noritsu Hot Folder
    software. However, we don't distribute the actual Hot Folder software
    itself. That would need to come from Noritsu.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac