Unfeatured List

pwillis

06 Jun, 2014 04:56 AM

Hi
I'm creating an Unfeatured List within a new template, and I want it to show the Missing Teachers along with their Title and Role. This is working fine, but the Unfeatured list is mixing the Students and Staff in the same area. Is there a way of separating them?

i.e.
Absent Students: Student Name, Student Name, Student Name
Absent Teachers: Teacher Name, Teacher Name

I have created two Subject Blocks, one for Students another for Staff using the 'Only include subjects with labels' mode, but it would be good if I could add a Second Unfeatured list, and label them in the same method. One Unfeatured List for Students and the second for Staff.

Does anyone have any work around or can this be done?

Thanks

Peter WIllis

1. 1 Posted by rickm on 26 Jun, 2014 03:43 PM

Peter-
    I had a similar prob with teachers in my class composites- I want the lead teacher pictured 1st, then asst teacher, then aides.
    I didn't want a a different subject block for staff because some classes have 1 teacher but others have many. What I did is create a "staffrank" field, assigning lead teacher a rank of 3, asst teacher a rank of 2, and aides are 1 (students have no rank). I then sort first by staffrank (descending), then lastname & firstname ascending (as usual).
    This puts lead first, followed by asst, then aides, then students alphabetically in the comp as well as unfeatured list.
    This way I only needed 1 block & 1 unfeatured list, but staff are always first.
    This does not exactly answer your question but it's how I got around the same prob.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Unfeatured_List.JPG 29 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac