When you import your roster, you should setup an additional
field with the data you're trying to pull, in this case 'U10' or
whatever, and import it into a field called "AgeGroup".
Then on your templates, instead of calling @folder, you would call
If you've already imported your roster, you can create the
fields (from details mode edit->fields->add) and assign a
value to a folders worth of subjects with the 'populate field' tool
(make sure to use the "for selected folder only" checkbox).
This is very useful for when the @folder field
isn't flexible enough, with the idea being that a subject field
value doesn't have to be unique to that subject.
I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately, where we are we don't
get a roster list of all the teams before hand. We actually import
the images into Timestone, then input the data from the orders.
As we put a team in a folder is created with the team name (IE
McDonalds) Then all the subjects are placed into that folder once
the team or group is inputed. The folder name usually includes the
team name and the division or age group. The team name goes on
items such as Trading Cards and sponsor pictures. So, once all the
team pictures are matched to the folders the folder is renamed with
out the age group.
I think I get what you're trying to do.
In my mind, you're still better off entering this information as a
subject field. You're already entering the other subject details
from the orders, so adding a couple fields for age group and team
name seems pretty simple.
Alternatively, when we do team pictures we're using folder
graphic fields to pull the images and folder data fields to fill
the data into the team picture template. This is to avoid changing
folder names altogether. I'm thinking this approach could work for
you using folder or subject fields.
Full disclosure though, I don't know immediately if either of
those are going to be faster than what you're already doing, but I
do think they're much more flexible in the long run.
I would use a Folder Field. Edit > Fields > Folder Fields
and add a new field called Team. So now inside of your McDonalds
U10 folder you should see a Team field where you would label that
McDonalds. Do this for every one of your teams and change your
template to @team instead of @folder and it should get the result
Alternatively, you can use a subject field, but I find this to
be quicker and easier to make changes on the fly if you spell