Problem making a pose selection using a barcode

darnell

13 Feb, 2014 04:45 PM

I am having a problem making pose selections in Packbuilder version 4.3.131105 Beta using a barcode. I can scan packages into Packbuilder just fine, using a barcode, for pose one exclusively, even when another pose is selected in Point and click. The barcode scanner I am using is a Symbol LS2208. I am not sure what the problem is and I am hoping I can get some assistance. Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 13 Feb, 2014 05:45 PM

Without looking into it, I would say you need pose specific barcodes.
    See
    http://timestone.tenderapp.com/kb/ordering/scanning-orders-for-a-pa...

2. 2 Posted by darnell on 13 Feb, 2014 06:02 PM

Hello Tomas-Fast Foto,

Thank you for the reply. I did try just using a barcode for the pose and that does nothing. The results I get when scanning the barcode in notepad is this: /%O$/P31

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 13 Feb, 2014 06:40 PM

That looks like the correct STICKY barcode for a Pose 1.

Sorry, I'm not able to troubleshoot this for you. I am not using 4.3 yet so that is likely going to make a difference. I would to scan the orders outside of point and click to see if that helps.

Good Luck

4. 4 Posted by david on 25 Feb, 2014 04:38 AM

Hi,
    I had the same problem until the server was restarted.
    I am using the same version (changing today to the full version)
    I currently scan for barcodes for the specific pose using something like:
    /%O{offer-key}/P%%{pose-number} and that seems to work fine.

OK, just tried to test everything again and Im having the same problem. Point 'n Click and scanning barcodes both only build from the first image. Im going to start testing today and will let you know if I find anything.

5. 5 Posted by darnell on 25 Feb, 2014 04:18 PM

Hey David,

Thanks for the reply. This is starting to sound like a bug to me.

6. 6 Posted by David on 26 Feb, 2014 05:14 AM

Hi,

I seem to of found the problem.
    Your barcodes are fine, but on your template, do not specify the pose to me used for the image hole. (or multiple poses with 3;4;5...etc)
    Just leave it as an image hole without any specific poses.
    Your barcode, and point'nclick will then fill the hole with whichever pose you scan or have selected.
    David

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 26 Feb, 2014 01:46 PM

Doh!

I seem to always forget the TS golden rule....

"If you're having a problem, it's probably data, or layouts"

8. 8 Posted by darnell on 26 Feb, 2014 04:34 PM

None of my layouts have pose specific image holes. I can order any pose using the layouts when I do it "manually", and by that I mean I can click on the pose in Point 'n Click and then I can click on a package listed in the Add Pack section. The problems I am having is that I cannot use a barcode to select a pose and I can only use a barcode to order a package for pose 1. Thank you David and Tomas-Fast Foto for your replies.

9. 9 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 28 Feb, 2014 12:30 PM

I just tested sticky pose barcodes in my NeoPack and didn't have any problems. I also have clients that use the same version of PackBuilder as you, and they aren't having any barcode pose problems. So it doesn't seem like a software bug.

There's really only two possible problems it could be: either you don't have your poses set correctly in Poses mode, or your barcode is coded incorrectly. I can't imagine it's a template layout issues, as it's not required to specify poses in the layout.

So first just make sure you're definitely posing your subjects correctly in Poses mode. As long as your images have the same corresponding pose numbers to the barcode pose you're scanning, there shouldn't be any problems. Second, make sure your barcodes are correctly encoded. It should look like this for poses 1-3:

/%O$/P31

/%O$/P32

/%O$/P33

Also make sure your scanner can read whatever code type you chose (Code 39, Code 128, etc). Then because it's sticky, you scan your pose first, then scan your package. You only have to scan a pose again when you want to change pose numbers. After each of your packages, you should see a pp(··1), pp(··2), etc.

You could also try a non-sticky pose:
    /%O+/P31 You just have to scan your package then scan your pose. But you will have to scan the pose every time.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac