Variable Pose Package

Brandon - District Photo

01 Oct, 2013 02:57 PM

So I have a client that offers Photo CDs, and depending on the number of poses a subject has, that is how many pictures are burned to that subject's CD. Is there an easy way to add a package and have NeoPack variably populate the correct number of poses for a subject in the queue? If I knew each subject had the same number of poses, this wouldn't be a problem, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it when the pose varies from subject to subject.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 01 Oct, 2013 07:47 PM

In theory this might work but I haven't tried:

One layout with Image holes, and cut marks after each, repeated for as many poses as the maximum would be. Lets say its 20.

When the product is selected for a subject with only 15 poses, 5 will be blank. Print using "Ignore Unmatched Subject Packs".

If that doesn't work, try 20 posed layouts in one package, nd again print using "Ignore unmatched subject packs.

Good Luck

2. 2 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 02 Oct, 2013 10:43 AM

Great idea! However, no luck. I guess that check box doesn't apply to missing poses as it printed out every image plus the extra blank pages for the missing poses.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 02 Oct, 2013 11:54 AM

you win some, you lose some

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Dino Apolito on 03 Oct, 2013 07:11 AM

Item sheets?

A single item at the size you want and format the sheet as 1 across and 1 down sp ypu'll get just one image per page. Then select All poses and you should get what you need.

Am I missing something?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 03 Oct, 2013 10:14 AM

That will work, definetly. My mind always glazes over the item sheets because there is no way to technically "Order" that.

I'm thinking of something clever to say regarding you missing something, but the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Have a wonderful October 3rd folks!

6. 6 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 03 Oct, 2013 10:17 AM

The idea is that I could setup a single package to be scanned in details for whichever subject ordered it, and then it would populate every pose they have in the print queue.

The way I understood it, item sheets were only used for form item sheets mode. Is this not correct?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Dino Apolito on 03 Oct, 2013 11:40 PM

Yes that is correct. I has assumed this product was for everybody or at least everybody who has ordered in which case Item Sheets would work. But it's not a solution for ala cart ordering.

8. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 03 Oct, 2013 11:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac