Student iBase error

Joseph Waler

28 Sep, 2013 03:32 PM

The Student iBase mobile app has become a very important tool for us over the past two years. Unfortunately, this year there seems to be a problem with the software that generates the image files for the app. When we attempt to download images to our mobile devices, we get this error: "invalid string position."

I have brought this to the attention of our school photographer, but they tell me that the bug needs to be fixed by the software developers in Australia. I've been waiting about a month for a resolution to this issue. I'm finding it hard to believe that I am the only school in the US that is running into this problem. Is no one else usi g the iBase mobile app?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide so that we can return to use iBase!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dino Apolito on 30 Sep, 2013 12:12 AM

Hello Joseph,

You say you've been waiting for a resolution to this for a month but we did not hear about this until last Wednesday (September 25th). I don't know if the photographer who reported it is also your photographer but we are investigating the problem now. The curious thing is the parent program, Student iBase, has not changed in over a year which suggests something in the host operating system or phone operating system has changed which makes it frustrating.

Anyway we hope to find something as soon as possible and will get back to you if we need more information.

Regards
    Dino Apolito

2. 2 Posted by Joseph A. Waler on 30 Sep, 2013 12:50 AM

Dino:

Thanks for your quick response. I sent a previous email to Timestone support on 9/3/13 but never received a reply. As I mentioned in my post, our photographer told me that they were waiting for some sort of update from Timestone.

Our school photograper is Ripcho Studio in Cleveland, Ohio. They told me they had been in contact with you, but maybe that was not true.

Again, thanks for your response. I hope we can get this fixed soon because we have come to depend upon Student iBase.

Joseph A. Waler, Principal
    Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School | 13000 Auburn Road | Chardon, OH 44024
    440-279-1052 | www.ndcl.org

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dino Apolito on 01 Oct, 2013 02:52 AM

We have found the error and hope to have a fix soon.

Thanks
    Dino

4. 4 Posted by Joseph A. Waler on 01 Oct, 2013 08:59 PM

The problem is fixed! I successfully uploaded photos to all of our administrators' mobile devices today.

I really appreciate your speedy attention to my post. Thanks so much!

Joseph A. Waler
    Principal
    Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School

5. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 09 Oct, 2013 11:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac