iBase export disc not recognizing SETUP.INI file

matt

10 Dec, 2012 03:06 PM

I had an unusual call from a school using XP (I do not know the service pack) and getting an update disc to their iBase. They tried to install it from the CD and got an error saying "cannot find the SETUP.INI file." I had them check the disc and the .INI file was there. We even made a new disc and the same problem kept happening. I circumvented the problem by copying the contents to the HDD and installing from there, which brought up no such error.

This is the only school this has happened to, so my first instinct is to say it is something with their OS. Has anyone else encountered this? We have all the latest Packbuilder and SchoolMake versions.

1. 1 Posted by rob on 11 Jan, 2013 08:28 PM

We are having a very similar problem, however in our case the files were downloaded off our server and onto their computer so the solution of moving the files off the CD to the HDD isn't really an option as they're already there. Any other thoughts of what's going on?

We're using the latest version of Packbuilder and School Make. Our customer is on Windows 7, not sure of the service pack.

2. 2 Posted by incuntem on 14 Jan, 2013 06:26 AM

3. 3 Posted by matt on 14 Jan, 2013 02:15 PM

Rob,

That is interesting. I had assumed it was an XP issue, but since you are having trouble with windows 7, that pretty much throws me for a loop. I haven't had any other clients have this problem so far.

4. 4 Posted by rob on 14 Jan, 2013 08:28 PM

Matt,

We've had a couple dll issues with some customers on XP but the setup.ini problem was a new one, so I too was thrown for quite a loop when I did a gotomeeting and saw he was using Windows 7. Hopefully we find a solution soon.

5. 5 Posted by ken.appleby on 14 Jan, 2013 09:22 PM

Open the setup.ini and check that the field for Title actually has data. We found this to be the issue early in 2012.

6. 6 Posted by Richard Browne on 16 Jan, 2013 08:28 AM

Hi all, if you send me a zip or cd image that shows the problem, I should be able to figure out what's going on.

7. 7 Posted by P Rossman on 03 Oct, 2013 08:15 PM

I am trying to install iBase on the schools Win 7 computer.
    Screen shot of error:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/270680/Setup%20File%20Error.jpg

Setup.ini contains "[SETUP} TITLE=20"
    What should it be??? What additional information is missing?

8. 8 Posted by ken.appleby on 03 Oct, 2013 11:03 PM

Our setup.ini looks something like this:

[SETUP]
    Title=Text from Database Title in Paths dialogue box

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Dino Apolito on 03 Oct, 2013 11:42 PM

We are releasing updates in the next 24 hours which fixes incorrect ini and inf files in the schoolmake export.

10. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 03 Oct, 2013 11:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac