School make propsys.dll errors

Lindsey

13 Sep, 2012 06:35 PM

I am starting to export Ibase for my schools and I am getting calls about it installing correctly but when it is opened it gives them an error of propsys.dll not found. I spoke with mark and he emailed me the actual Propsys.dll file and when I put it in the correct spot the Ibase will work. However I just got a call saying it works under one account and when the school switches accounts to admin or guest it gives them the error "application failed to initialize properly. error:oxc0000022" I need this figured out ASAP! I cannot have my schools calling with these errors!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dino Apolito on 16 Sep, 2012 12:50 PM

Can you find out what operating system the school is using?

2. 2 Posted by Lindsey on 17 Sep, 2012 06:24 PM

One of the schools just got back to me and let me know they are using windows xp and will be switching to windows 7.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dino Apolito on 18 Sep, 2012 12:36 AM

Do you know what service pack? It sounds like they are not on Service Pack 3 (SP3) otherwise that file should be there.

Apart from this problem not using SP# is a big security risk. They should do a Windows Update if they stay with XP

4. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 18 Sep, 2012 12:36 AM.

5. Lindsey re-opened this discussion on 18 Sep, 2012 09:10 PM

6. 4 Posted by Lindsey on 18 Sep, 2012 09:10 PM

I just spoke with the tech guy from one of our schools that is having problems and he said they are working on sp3.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dino Apolito on 18 Sep, 2012 10:05 PM

In that case I can't explain it. This is not a file we install, it comes with Windows. I don't know why it would be missing from their computer.

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Dino Apolito on 21 Sep, 2012 05:17 AM

Some info for you from Richard ....

I've updated the iBase installer to drop propsys.dll into windows\system32 when the machine is running XP Service Pack 2. It does not do this for SP3, because propsys.dll comes with SP3.

Extract SETUP.EXE from this zip file and overwrite the one create by SchoolMake:

http://www.timestonesoftware.com/bin/private/iBase_SETUP(v2_1_0_120...

Note: If someone has copied propsys.dll from Windows Vistra or Windows 7 onto an XP installation, they should manually delete that file first before running our SETUP.EXE.

9. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2012 05:17 AM.

10. Lindsey re-opened this discussion on 21 Sep, 2012 05:25 PM

11. 7 Posted by Lindsey on 21 Sep, 2012 05:25 PM

Thanks so much! But, is this a one time thing? Or do we have to do it everytime we set up an Ibase?

12. Support Staff 8 Posted by Dino Apolito on 23 Sep, 2012 01:36 AM

Only if the schools have old XP computers. If this works we will then include it as part of the next Schoolmake updates

13. Support Staff 9 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 03 Oct, 2012 08:57 PM

Bill has posted, and we are experiencing the same issues. I just attempted an install on an XP computer with Service pack 3 using the updated Setup executable. I received still the missing propsys.dll error.

I have looked at 3 different XP SP3 computers I have in house and none of them have the dll.

14. 10 Posted by Richard Browne on 04 Oct, 2012 09:03 AM

Hi Lindsey & Tomas

The propsys.dll error is fixed in the latest SchoolMake, which I have just uploaded to our web site:

http://www.timestonesoftware.com/bin/InstallSchoolMake(v4_2_0beta12...

If you want to update an existing installer without re-exporting from SchoolMake again, I've uploaded the iBase SETUP.EXE. You can overwrite the existing file. This is the exact SETUP.EXE that's in the new InstallSchoolMake(v4_2_0beta121004):

http://www.timestonesoftware.com/bin/private/iBase_SETUP(v2_1_0_121...

Finally, if you want to fix an existing XP system without reinstalling you can download the propsys.dll file and copy it to WINDOWS\SYSTEM32:

http://www.timestonesoftware.com/bin/private/propsys_xp.zip

15. Richard Browne closed this discussion on 04 Oct, 2012 09:03 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac