Any tips on a batch retouch workflow?

Brandon - District Photo

22 Aug, 2012 12:36 PM

Our client offers a retouch option, and our plan in the lab is to automate the process as much as possible, preferably in batches. So I was just curious what some your workflows are for retouching?

I definitely don't want to go through each kid in poses mode to retouch that way, but I like how it unflags the retouch when you save it in Photoshop and bring it back into NeoPack. I've thought about exporting a text file from details so I can get a list of those who need retouching and maybe figure something out from there, but I don't want to get too convoluted. I looked in to sorting by retouch only in images mode, and exporting those images to a seperate folder to do a batch retouch and then overwriting and refreshing the original jpgs NeoPack sees, but images mode will only export with the current crop settings applied, and I can't overwrite the original jpg with a cropped image (and the problem is we receive a TNJ from our client with images already cropped).

Any other ideas or workflows that I might be missing?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac