Adding a Personalization to a Product

Brandon - District Photo

16 Aug, 2012 03:18 PM

My goal here is to only have 1 template, so here's my question. I have a couple different wallet templates (8, 12, etc.), and the customer has the option of adding their name and date to any wallet for an extra charge. Is there a way I can do this and still use the same basic wallet templates and not create entirely new ones just to add the personalized text?

My idea is to add another field in details mode, and maybe have a code that goes in that field that triggers whether to add the personalized text or not on the wallets. Is something like this even possible? If not, it definitely should be! :)

Any suggestions?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mark Renken on 16 Aug, 2012 05:48 PM

You're on the right track. What I would do is create a new field in details mode called "personalized" or anything you want. Put that field on the template and the date using conditional text for the date to appear. There is an article in the knowledge base about conditional text and how to use it. Then if nothing is entered into that field for a subject then nothing prints. No name or date. If John is entered into that field then John and the date appear on the template. In this way you can control weather or not the print has the name and date on it by simply entering the name in the "personalized" field. You can also use conditional text to have a field where you could enter anything into and name and date would show up using the first name field.

Mark

2. 2 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 22 Aug, 2012 12:18 PM

Thanks Mark, great tip! Sometimes I forget about how versatile conditional text can be.

3. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 24 Aug, 2012 12:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac