NeoPack Creating Unscannable Barcodes

allstardesignlab

14 Aug, 2017 02:46 PM

Hello,

Having an issue with bar codes and cannot figure this out. Some bar codes created in Templates mode and printed from Item Sheets are unscannable while others are not. For example, creating a bar code in 128 with 9 characters an inch for /%K@key is unscannable completely. As is the same type of barcode when used as /%S@ID when the ID is set to 01_IMG_001.JPG. Now, if the ID is changed to 0001 then the bar code is scannable. When I use /%OPK1 and /%Ox001 those work fine also. I have experimented with all sorts of combinations of sizes and such and I am worried about these issues for the upcoming season.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_h9tS_HJOq5THg0SEVSTm5ORDA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_h9tS_HJOq5RFRUenU4cEtMckU

Below are images showing the templates and bar codes produced that are unscannable. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by rickm on 16 Aug, 2017 12:22 PM

I'm not an expert but have had similar problems. Since longer entries (01_IMG_001.JPG) don't work and shorter ones (001) do, I'd try
    putting the 2 barcodes one over the other and make them longer. You may just be trying to fit too much data into too short a space. As far as I understand, if you have 9 char/in and a 14 character entry, you need a barcode nearly 2 in long.
    (BTW, I like that Sansa is a subject but I would have used Arya, or Danny Targaryen)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• barcode_issues_1.jpg 205 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac