Multiple Sort in Details Mode - Neopack/Packbuilder

Brandon - District Photo

01 Mar, 2018 03:36 PM

Could you implement the ability to sort by multiple fields in Details mode? This way we can populate fields in the same order that we print in Queue mode. This would be a huge help for us.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dino Apolito on 04 Mar, 2018 10:03 PM

Do you have an example of how you would do this? eg what fields and what would you do?

2. 2 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 05 Mar, 2018 12:12 AM

The idea is to add a sequential sort number to each subject. That way, when our checkers are packing the work, they don't even have to think about the sort, they can look at the number and make sure everything is in sequential order. This will also help if you're missing an order as you can immediately identify where you're missing a number.

So if your sort is Grade > Teacher > Alpha, you would do the multi sort in details mode. Populate whatever field you want with sequential numbers (our field is called Sort). In queue mode, you would do the same sort, and then we would call that sort field on the packing insert or label that goes with each order/subject.

I'm open to any idea for accomplishing this. I just figured being able to sort in details mode would be a simple solution.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dino Apolito on 07 Mar, 2018 01:55 AM

4. 4 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 07 Mar, 2018 03:24 AM

Fantastic! I look forward to the next release.

5. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 14 Mar, 2018 02:45 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

03 Oct, 2018 07:08 PM
02 Oct, 2018 04:56 AM
11 Sep, 2018 10:52 PM