NeoPack needs an elegant solution for posing the primary image only

Brandon - District Photo

08 Nov, 2016 12:16 PM

I go through this every year, so I figured it's time to make a wishlist item for a better solution.

In a fall school workflow you generally have an original shoot and a retake shoot. The original shoot gets a primary image picked, and when the retake comes that subject gets a new primary image. I want both images to be uploaded online so the parent can order their favorite, but I only want the two, not all of the other images that were taken for a single subject.

With that in mind, my only image option for uploading online is to use the "primary or with pose" button and give the original primary it's own pose, and making the retake the new primary. And that's the problem, I haven't found an intuitive way to give a pose to the original primary image. Right now I export a CSV with the primary image only, give each one their pose, and then re-import the CSV back into NeoPack. Can you make an option in Poses Mode to pose only the primary image?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 09 Nov, 2016 02:05 PM

1. Love seeing well thought out suggestions being posted, including the last one you posted.
    2. The data export/import works well I assume as I have used the same process, but to clarify it looks like you're looking for a "quick set" to set a specific pose to all primary images?
  2. 2 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 09 Nov, 2016 03:56 PM

Yep, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dino Apolito on 10 Nov, 2016 03:52 AM

Brandon,

Do you have your initial primary image explicitly set (dark grey) or do
    you just let it pick the last one when there's more than image?

4. 4 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 10 Nov, 2016 09:10 AM

Explicitly set

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dino Apolito on 23 Nov, 2016 04:55 AM

Brandon,

If this is important to you I can add it to tsPortal if that would work for you.

I agree it would be nice in NeoPack but that would be a long time coming. I can add it to tsPortal fairly quickly.

Let me know

6. 6 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 23 Nov, 2016 09:52 AM

That would definitely streamline the process a bit more so it would be a welcomed addition.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Dino Apolito on 24 Nov, 2016 02:01 AM

I'm guessing you going to be off for the next two days so I'll have something for you next week.

Happy TG

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac