Fulfill Printing Fixes - Better unprinted flags, hold option

Jacob - Sumner Photography

28 Oct, 2016 01:02 AM

Bulk printing from fulfill is failure prone. If you're ripping, say, 300 packages out of it, and have 1 template misplaced, or any other error, the whole thing errors out.
Then, to make things complicated, often times when it errors out, it still marks those packs as printed, so you're left to sort out what, if anything, was actually printed.

What I'd like to see is a hold function like in neopack, which would help alleviate some of the frustration with the printed/unprinted flag. Additionally, I'd like fulfill to be able to clear said flag, as neopack can (with the reprint function).

Also, when printing out of fulfill, I'd like every error to have a "retry" option. If I've misplaced a template, or really any error that would stop printing occurs, I'd like to have the ability to give it another go. Most of the time it's a solvable problem, I don't see a reason to nuke the whole rip over it.

Finally, The "printed" flag should only be set if a whole rip is finished and sent to the printer. It seems more like that's a bug than a feature request, but it's more or less on topic, so I'm listing it here.

Here's an itemized list, for clarity:
1) Hold Pack Function
2) Clear/Set the printed/unprinted flag
3) Recoverable errors via a "retry" option
4) Don't set Printed flag until job is 100% ripped and sent.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac