TSIOS - Allow us to choose a sample subject.

addedtouchphotos

14 Jul, 2016 02:56 PM

Currently the method of showing images onto prepay orders is to build your customer versions with a static sample image behind your image hole. This is super work intensive, and I think if you allowed us to specify a sample image in TSIOS under the image handling section, it would remove the need to do this.

We could choose a sample to display for prepay orders, or a sample to display if the subject was not photographed. An example would be a sample of a kid when the job is on pre-pay mode, and then it could show another image that might say "Subject not photographed" after the photos were processed and the job uploaded again.

This would cut down on template creation, and be way more flexible. I could make my offer look fresh by simply choosing a new sample kid in a new school year without manually updating the photo on all the affected templates. If a mom decided after the fact that she no longer wants us to use her kid as a sample, it would make swapping it out immediate and easy.

I am currently having an issue where I can't reuse some of my templates in my prepay static background offer and my proof green screen offer. If I create the template with a static image behind for a sample, it doesn't look proper on my green screen offer as it shows my knocked out subject super imposed on a sample until they select their background via an item.

My option is to duplicate my templates and create a new customer views, or create a separate package layout - either requires creating an extra template that could be avoided.

1. 1 Posted by addedtouchphoto... on 15 Jul, 2016 04:18 PM

So, I have found a way to kind of do what I was thinking. I used a labeled image hole and put it behind my templates. This allows me to turn on and off my sample image per job, and it also allows easy switching of sample subjects.

I can also reuse my templates across prepay and proof, as if I just don't define a sample into my jobs @sampleimage field it stays blank.

It does still require adding that labeled image hole on all your customer views, but at least it allows for some extra flexibility for prepay online.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 15 Jul, 2016 04:37 PM

Nice work thinking outside the box with that work around! Definitely useful in this situation and can be modified for many others.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac