Subject In Multiple Families

Brandon - District Photo

13 Nov, 2015 04:41 PM

Are there any plans to implement using a subject in more than one Family folder in order to generate multiple groups? Right now, you can put the same subject in multiple Families, and I assume generate separate portrait packages from those Families, but from my testing this doesn't work to generate different groups that are matched to each Family. It would only generate the group image of the first Family that I put the subject in.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dino Apolito on 16 Nov, 2015 04:59 AM

It is possible to have a subject in more than one family as you have already found. But the only way to order different family images would be from Point and Click Mode. Otherwise as you've also found, if ordering against a subject the software has no way of knowing which of the subject's families to use and defaults to the first one.

This comes about from the original design of families where the assumption was that it would be used for siblings and therefore a subject would only belong one family. Although we appreciate there are other uses for families there are no changes to this currently planned.

2. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 16 Nov, 2015 04:59 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac