FIND SUBJECT requests in Neopack

Greg

10 Feb, 2015 10:23 PM

Can there be such function in 'details mode'? It is tedious to search through hundreds of records to locate a subject

Secondly, in 'match mode,' can function of matching a name to the image be moved away from the search options? My experience is that some employees have mistakenly re-matched an image to the person they were looking for.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dino Apolito on 12 Feb, 2015 09:17 PM

Hi Greg,

Have you used File>Lookup subject? (Alt-shift-S)

With that you can find any subject in the database even if they're not in the currently open job. An you can use it in other modes too not just Details Mode. Unfortunately the Details Mode screen layout doesn't allow for a "Find" object as per Images Mode for example as the left hand pane is already being used for displaying folders and file/folder fields.

No plans to modify Match Mode but how about Locking the match table? This prevents accidental changes to the matches and you can unlock as needed to make changes then lock again.

Thanks
    Dino

2. 2 Posted by Greg on 12 Feb, 2015 10:32 PM

The Lookup Subject feature is efficient if you need to find a student outside of the current open job. If I need to locate a 'Smith', I still need to wait 30 seconds to look through 200k records, and after that I have to look through 400 records to find that student, which leaves me in a position where I'm no better off than before. Maybe the option to search the current open job only would make it much more useful.

Here is our situation. We send out composite proof sheets to the schools and they make corrections to their class roster, often times listing students that belong and don't belong in their respective class. I have to search through the ALL, to see which folder that student is located in, and then need to go to that folder and mover them. Doing this process 30+ times in 150+ schools, it gets to be a burdensome task.
    ----------------------
    The accidental change is happening because the find/match areas look identical and are too close to each other, and I don't see how a 'lock' will help this situation.

3. 3 Posted by Jacob - Sumner ... on 03 Mar, 2015 01:21 AM

I agree with Greg on his view of the subject lookup.
    However, I wouldn't want to lose any horizontal space for a find feature. To me, horizontal space is directly related to the number of subject fields I can see at a given time, and more is always better.

So, this is what I've come up with:
    Image Name this is a photoshop mockup and not a real functionality, yet

see also: http://imgur.com/RipsJ6p.png

In essence, it's the images mode find box, rearranged into a bar across the top of details mode. It includes the folder find option as it could be useful to jump around the folder list on the left, particularly when using nested folders. You do lose 3 rows of subjects, but in my mind scrolling down is easier than scrolling left and right.

The find bar would also be handy to have in poses mode too.

4. 4 Posted by Brandon - Distr... on 09 Mar, 2015 11:53 AM

A search bar like Jacob suggested would certainly be beneficial and make for a smoother workflow, however, the current workaround for that is really only one or two steps removed.

We've been doing this since version 3, but in any of these modes: images, match, and point 'n click, you can use the subject search function to find a subject, and upon going back to details mode that subject will be highlighted. We use point 'n click because it's quicker. Another thing, if you're in "All" in Details mode, the search will highlight the subject in the All view, if you're in a Folder, the search will highlight the subject in it's corresponding folder. This is certainly more efficient than manually searching for a subject in Details.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dino Apolito on 05 May, 2015 11:26 PM

Hi,

We have added search to Details Mode.

This will be in the 4.5 update which we will show at the training seminar in Las Vegas

Thanks
    Dino

6. Dino Apolito closed this discussion on 05 May, 2015 11:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac