Updated Documentation for All Programs

Kevin at Moderne Studio

25 Nov, 2014 03:44 PM

Why has the documentation not been updated since version 1.3? If your company has made any significant changes to the software, justifying the cost of an upgrade, it seems imperative that the manuals should reflect that. Reading dated documentation and scouring the discussion boards is not only be frustrating, but inefficient and incomplete. And frankly, it's quite embarrassing.

Please, I would like to take full advantage of the software my company pays for, and would like a comprehensive knowledge of the programs so I can appreciate their full value. Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dino Apolito on 26 Nov, 2014 08:21 AM

Hi Kevin,

While the manuals we have online are indeed outdated they are still relevant and very helpful to new users who need to learn the basics. Many (most) of the support questions we get via phone and email from new users are covered by the old manuals which is why we have have left them online, The problem with old style manuals is they are almost impossible to keep up to date especially given we are regularly updating the software.

We therefore made the decision to move toward the knowledge base articles to cover new aspects of the software. They are searchable, categorised and are much much easier to produce and keep current. We try to write a knowledge base for any new features that require explanation and learning.

But manuals and documentation in general are only part of the resources available to users.

The online movies are also a learning tool even though admittedly they too are old - but still relevant.

We hold a yearly training seminar in the USA and Australia that also covers new features and gives customers a chance to talk amongst themselves about things. This networking is invaluable. We do not charge for attending the training seminars and some people attend both the USA and Australian meetings.

The main purpose of the discussion forum is also for people to ask questions of their fellow users. Often people do not need to know how to use the software pe sa ('what does this button do') but have questions relating to workflow and implementation that are best answered by fellow users. ('I want to do this, what's the best way to do it'). Support type questions are of course also welcome in the forum which may be answered by ourselves or fellow users or both.

And finally you are always welcome to email us directly.

So between the old manuals, the movies, the knowledge base and discussion forum together with direct support we're confident we can help people get the most out of the software. That said your general point is well taken and we can ALWAYS do better and wish we had more time to do better.

I do not know which company you are from or what software you have but please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Regards
    Dino Apolito

2. 2 Posted by Jeff Williams on 19 Dec, 2014 04:56 PM

How about some documentation for Student iBase? I understand that iBase is a relatively basic application. Unfortunately most of the end users only possess very basic computer skills. It would be really nice if we could provide a manual with iBase to help cover the basics of the application. With the added feature of iBase mobile, the need for a manual is even greater. Searching the knowledge base only gives one small article covering how to upload to iBase mobile. There are no videos & no documentation.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac