New Subject QR

Tommi Jonasson

07 Oct, 2014 05:25 PM

A static QR, that would create a new subject line, instead of having to bring "blank" subject record QRs to a shoot

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dino Apolito on 25 Feb, 2015 10:27 PM

Curious as to how you perceive this to work.

What would you have it match to? Presumably the imagetag will be used as the unique field as the current "Create subjects for unmatched image" does.

What does this achieve for you? How does it help?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 26 Feb, 2015 03:59 PM

I would have it work as you described:
    Use the Image tag to set unique field
    Generate new subject key
    Match QR image and following images to that subject

What it achieves:
    1. Cleaner Jobs. I typically recommend that a photographer create "blanks" for 10-15% of the schools enrollment. In a school of 1000-2000, that's 100-250 subject records that disorganize a Job.
    2. Less Paper/Labels/Camera Cards. Photographers who utilize QR matching print all of the "blanks", and depending on the school district may use 1% or not have enough.
    3. Proper QR matching. The "blanks" get cumbersome to track. If a "blank" is mistakenly used from a different Job, the matching QR will not exist in the correct Job. QR matching will just match the "blank QR" and its following images to the last QR that does have a match in that Job. What inevitably happens there is it is either A) caught in poses mode selecting primary images, and then is cumbersome to fix via 3 different modes, or B) isn't caught at all and a photographed subject does not get service items, or even packages depending on the efficiency of a photographer.

Does that help you see my vision? I don't want to continue to add details if you don't quite follow.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dino Apolito on 27 Feb, 2015 01:00 AM

No, that's good information. Thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac