Capture Post- color code film strip by subject

scott

28 May, 2013 05:03 PM

Issue: We spend a decent amount of time fixing mis-matches. These occur when the photographer forgets to scan the subject's card or scans it when a program other than capture post is in the foreground. The only way to find them is to scroll through and watch the names under the subject. That- or I fix them in NeoComposite later that day. Which means leafing through the stack of camera cards to try to find the missing name/subject that's been matched to the previous person.
My solution-request- Alternating color for the background of the filmstrip. It would alternate any time the subject changed from one person to the next. Light red... light blue is my first thought, but even alternating shades of grey would work. It would provide instant knowledge that the name was matched to the previous person. It would also simplify double checking, since we'd be able to scroll very quickly through the shoot and spot mismatches.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tommi Jonasson on 28 May, 2013 05:25 PM

Not a bad idea... but I think you should be using poses mode to do your checking rather than reading names. If you have any questions on how to go about it just holler on here and I will get back to ya.

2. 2 Posted by scott on 28 May, 2013 05:31 PM

I use poses mode when we're back at the lab. (That's what I was indicating when I mentioned fixing it in NeoComposite later that day.) I'm talking about checking for errors at the school while they shoot. This would allow me to coach the photographers to look over their work for simple mistakes in a way that wouldn't be tedious. They could scroll back between classes arriving and easily catch anything. The great part about making them fix their own mistakes is that they usually stop making them after a short while.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dino Apolito on 29 May, 2013 02:45 AM

We've tossed around some ideas also on how to help people reduce human error. The problem is whenever we close one door another one opens. There isn't a perfect solution but we might discuss some options at the user seminar.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac